Building Use Fee Schedule
Church events (no fee)
Member sponsored non-church events: $15/hr
Non-member sponsored non-church events: $25/hr
Kitchen use: $100
Building Use Terms & Conditions
- Approval: All Building Usage Requests are subject to approval of the MPC Facilities Committee or Church Pastor.
- Term: Approved Building Usage Request forms shall be valid for the term of the event or one year after the approval date, whichever is less.
- MPC Child and Youth Safety Policy: Anyone who uses the Milford Presbyterian Church facility for Non-MPC-Sanctioned activities with children or youth will be required to review, sign, and comply with the church policy, which states: “At no time shall one employee or volunteer be allowed to be alone with a child or a youth. The only exception to this policy would be in a situation in which the contact occurs in a public place and other persons are in and out of the area where the employee or volunteer is working with the child or youth.” Full copies of the policy are available from the church office.
- Recurring Events: All recurring events longer than one year will be reviewed annually by the MPC Facilities Committee. New Building Usage Forms must be completed and turned in 30 days prior to the expiration of the form.
- Deposits: All Type 2, 3, and 4 events require a $100 deposit to hold the requested date(s). Deposits will be held for the term of the event, or until the form is expired or cancelled. Deposits are refundable for events that are cancelled. Deposits may be retained by Church in the event of excessive cleaning, damage, or lack of payment.
- Fees: Fees for Type 2, 3, and 4 events are determined based on recovering the cost of building usage, and are not for profit purposes. The MPC Facilities Committee will review and determine the appropriate fees for the building usage / event type. Payments should be made payable to Milford Presbyterian Church, and collected by the MPC Office Clerk, with the balance to be settled on or before the event date.
- Insurance: All Type 2, 3, and 4 events must provide a certificate of insurance to the MPC Office Clerk, naming Milford Presbyterian Church as an additional insured to cover any accidents or damage that may occur during the event. Waivers to this policy may be approved at the discretion of the MPC Facilities and Finance Committee.
- Room Assignments: The MPC Facilities Committee reserves the right to review all Building Usage Requests, and make changes in room assignments as necessary to accommodate other groups or church needs, such as funeral luncheons.
- MPC Member-Sponsored Events must have an MPC Member in attendance, who is responsible for the event and compliance with these terms and conditions.
- Non-Member Requesting Organizations must a have Primary or Secondary contact person in attendance, who is responsible for the event and compliance with these terms and conditions. Non-members will not be allowed in the Church Sanctuary or Chapel, unless specifically authorized. We ask your group to be respectful of these sacred surroundings and that any children in your group be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Food and Beverages: No uncovered food or beverages are allowed outside of Fellowship Hall. Arrangements for kitchen usage must be approved prior to the event. No food preparation is allowed for non-church members.
- Security: A responsible member of the Church (office member or Sexton) must be notified prior to your arrival to unlock the facility. No one is allowed to prop open any of the outside doors or unbolt the stationary front doors. The primary contact person is responsible for locking the back door twenty minutes after the meeting start time.
- Smoking and Alcohol Usage: There is no smoking or alcohol usage allowed in the Church or on the Church grounds.
- Termination: Approved Building Usage Requests represent a contract between the Church and the Requesting Organization. Should these rules not be followed, the contract may be terminated at the discretion of the MPC Facilities Committee. It is important that all users remember this is God’s House and we need to be respectful.